ECN a division of Reunert Limited, was founded in January 2005 with the specific aim of exploiting the impending liberalisation of the South African telecommunications market. ECN’s VANS license was converted to an individual ECS and an individual ECNS license in January 2009. ECN is headquartered in Johannesburg and has developed an electronic communications network with points of presence (POP’s) in Johannesburg, Pretoria, Durban, Cape Town, Bloemfontein and Port Elizabeth.
Against a backdrop of increasing deregulation, ECN has been very successful in acquiring a large base of corporate, SME and wholesale customers. ECN is a major player in the delivery of affordable and accessible converged voice and data solutions that are at the forefront of the next-generation network.
- The first new entrant in the market to be bilaterally interconnected to all of the incumbent networks including Telkom, Cell C, MTN and Vodacom.
- Next-generation network with POP’s located in Johannesburg, Durban and Cape Town. Fastest growing alternate network in SA, with a critical mass of large corporate customers and fixed-line voice minutes.
- A compelling customer value proposition that provides an unparalleled value in respect of price, quality and service.
- Extensive converged voice and data skills in the areas of billing, switching, networking and hosted services.
The ECN Brand
Our brand values depict why our customers choose ECN.
- Vision. We lead from the front and create new opportunities and possibilities. We are passionate about our business and believe in what we do.
- Trust. We do what we say we will when we say we will, for the price that we said. We are straightforward and transparent and easy to do business with as a result.
- Service. We work as a team and believe that the reputation of the company is in the hands of each individual.
- Choice. We provide an evolving mix of services, solutions and channels to continuously advance business communications.