A virtual receptionist, also known as a live receptionist, is more than just someone who answers calls. Virtual receptionist companies offer various services that can enhance your business’s ability to handle incoming calls from customers, adding a layer of professionalism to your communications. If you’re considering a virtual receptionist, here’s what you should know.
What is a virtual receptionist?
A virtual receptionist performs the same duties as an in-house receptionist, such as answering calls, taking messages, and scheduling appointments. However, the key difference is that a virtual receptionist operates from a call centre or remote location.
Five reasons to use a virtual receptionist:
1. Free up internal resources: Outsourcing calls to a virtual receptionist allows your in-house team to focus on essential tasks, improving productivity and efficiency.
2. Improve customer experience: Virtual receptionists are trained professionals who handle calls with professionalism, ensuring prompt and courteous customer service.
3. Offer after-hours support: With a virtual receptionist, your business remains accessible to customers outside regular working hours, enhancing customer satisfaction.
4. Streamline appointment schedules: A virtual receptionist can centralize appointment-setting processes, ensuring smoother coordination and reducing no-shows.
5. Appear more professional: Having a virtual receptionist gives your business a sense of prestige and professionalism, creating a positive impression on customers.
How does a virtual receptionist work?
Virtual receptionists manage inbound calls professionally, freeing up your in-house staff from the burden of handling phone lines. They follow a script tailored to your business needs, forwarding important calls to you and compiling messages and prospects to be shared with your sales team.
Where can you hire a Virtual Receptionist?
Hiring a virtual receptionist can help alleviate many issues and free up time to focus on more critical aspects of your business. But where can you find a reliable virtual receptionist?
1. Freelancer platform: Consider platforms like Upwork, Fiverr, or Freelancer to find experienced virtual receptionists for your business needs.
2. In-house receptionist: If you prefer having someone dedicated to managing calls and administrative tasks, consider hiring an in-house virtual receptionist.
3. Virtual assistant agency: Choose a virtual assistant agency like Wishup that provides trained and experienced virtual receptionists for various tasks.
What is the average virtual receptionist pricing?
Virtual receptionist pricing depends on the selected service and pricing model. Common models include per-minute rates, monthly subscriptions with prepaid minutes, and tiered pricing. Prices may range from approximately 75 to 95 cents per minute.
What features are most important in a virtual receptionist service?
Key features of a virtual receptionist service include auto attendant, live answering, message taking, call patching and transfer, appointment scheduling, FAQ support, response time, and 24/7 availability. Choosing a service with well-trained staff and customizable call handling is crucial for a successful partnership.
What are the factors to consider before hiring a Virtual Receptionist?
Before hiring a Virtual Receptionist, some factors must be considered to ensure you get the best service possible. Here they are:
1. Consider Timezone: Ensure the receptionist’s working hours match your business hours, especially if your business operates 24/7.
2. Determine if it is for long-term or short-term: Assess your needs to decide between part-time, contract-based, or full-time virtual receptionist support.
3. Ask for reviews: Check reviews on various platforms to gauge the effectiveness of the virtual receptionist’s services.
4. Ask for test trials: Request a test trial to evaluate the receptionist’s multitasking abilities and customer service skills.
5. Check about cost-effectiveness: Compare the costs of hiring a virtual assistant to a full-time receptionist to find the most cost-effective solution.
6. Check for top virtual receptionist services in the market: Research and compare top virtual receptionist services, reviews, and pricing to find the best fit for your business.
By employing a virtual receptionist, you can streamline your customer service, enhance your business’s image, and allocate your resources more efficiently. Choose a reliable virtual receptionist company to unlock these benefits for your business.
Since 2009, WhichVoIP.co.za has helped thousands of South African businesses to make better buying decisions for phone systems, VoIP, and connectivity. During this time, we’ve facilitated the connection of 45 000+ users through our network of 500+ telecom providers in our directory.