MyBroadband has released the 2020 Tech Marketing Report, which reveals the best way for companies to reach South African IT and telecoms decision makers.
The report is based on feedback from 2,665 South African IT professionals, IT executives, C-level executives, company directors, and business owners.
The research revealed that online marketing campaigns are the most effective ways to reach IT professionals.
The report further showed that content marketing – articles and reviews – is the most trusted form of marketing among IT professionals and IT decision makers.
Key findings from the 2020 Tech Marketing Report include:
- Online marketing is far more effective to reach South Africa’s IT community than TV, radio, print, and outdoor advertising.
- Sponsored content is the most trusted way to reach IT professionals and IT executives.
- Tech CEOs and directors rely mainly on online content and tech conferences to inform their purchasing decisions.
- IT professionals mainly use articles, reviews, and forum posts to inform their purchasing decisions.
- Videos, social media posts, and newsletters should form part of IT marketing campaigns.
- Facebook and YouTube are the most popular social media platforms among the IT community.
Full 2020 Tech Marketing Report
The full 2020 Tech Marketing Report includes a breakdown of the effectiveness of different marketing channels in the South African ICT market.
It also provides an overview of how trusted South African telecoms and tech companies are in the eyes of IT professionals and executives.
Many IT industries formed part of the research, including telecommunications, ISPs, banking, data centres, smartphones, consumer electronics, computing products, printers, security, and software.
A summary of the 2020 Tech Marketing Report is available for free from MyBroadband. Enter your details below to download the report.
The full report is available to South African tech companies and agencies. For the full report, contact Kevin Lancaster on [email protected].
Did you know that we have just updated all our comparison sections?
There’s no better way to make an educated decision than to compare offers first!
Alternatively >>>Leave your detail<<< and have a few providers contact you!
**PS. If you are a Telecoms Reseller in South Africa be sure to check out Telecoms-Channel which is specifically designed to provide you with content, insight and analysis to establish yourself as an authority in the industry.**